Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Techno Jazz

Woot! Techno Jazz!

Umm... first of all, sorry, sorry sorry sorry for the loooooooong delay between posts. I feel really bad about keeping you all on edge, hitting refresh 55 times waiting for my wisdom!

OK, No.

(ahahaha! get it? it's like OK, Go only it's OK, No. ahahaha! alternative music reference)

Anyways, due to how busy I am (trust me, I am REALLY busy.) I will be putting the blog on an official hiatus until mid to late november when I will resume with some more regular stuff.

So what shall you do? SUBSCRIBE! Via RSS, Via Email so you know when I'm back or when I make surprise appearances!

Anyways, I'll officially announce that later. Here's todays post:


So in helping an acquaintance of mine develop his newfound interest in jazz, I tried to find him some Techno-jazz. (cuz that's what he listens to.)

First thing that came to mind for me was Christian Prommer's Drumlesson. Christian Prommer's Drumlesson Now, in all honesty, this is just jazz covers of some club/house songs. Personally, I have never listened to the album.

Has anybody? Leave a comment.

So I dug deeper and found some other guys.

OK, OTHER people dug deeper. (There is an upside to frequenting AAJ!)

Kyle Rowland (http://music.download.com/kylerowland/3600-8481_32-100603294.html) is really doing some techno stuff with jazz instrumentals. He was praised by several posters on the thread, so I decided to go check him out. I wasn't totally into what he's doing, but he's got some good stuff going. My favorite of the 4 tracks at the above link is Idea 3. The others are just a bit... cheesy for me. I think you could go alot deeper with this idea.

They also suggested Nils Petter Molvaer. This guy is a new favorite of mine. For the Techno Jazz stuff, check out his album Khmer Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer . But what i found even more beautiful is his album ER. Nils Petter Molvaer - ER It's deep thinking, with a Miles Davis ambiance and Steve Reich space and deepness.

Beautiful. I'm buying it.

Well, i'm running out of time! (told you I was busy!) Hope you enjoyed one of your last bits of me for a while.

A reminder to BUY THROUGH MY ITUNES LINKS IF YOU WANT TO BUY THE ALBUMS/SONGS MENTIONED! Thanks, it's what keeps me here.

I'll officially close the blog until late november (further notice) tomorrow at 4 PM. However, I may be stopping in for bits here and there.

Goodnight!
 
ss_blog_claim=197b71a9836fd83d2b43321e0eb89849